OVERVIEW OF ACTIVITIES
Updated 25 March 2020
In the event of a school closure (or your child is remaining at home for self-isolation or illness), suggestions for work that can be completed will be posted here.
Please note, we fully understand that access to computers may be limited. All activities are therefore optional.
In the first instance, please look at the termly Curriculum Maps for guidance on what each year group is currently working on.
Children can be encouraged to:
- continue regular READING. You might find it helpful for children in KS2 to refer to the recent PTA reading challenge which gives suggestions for extension activities.
- practise their SPELLING, especially for common exception words. These are words that do not follow common phonetic spelling rules. The word lists can be dowloaded here for Year 2; Years 3-4; and Year 5-6
- continue with Timestables Rockstars, and MyMaths . If you do not have your child's password for Rockstars, or MyMaths, please e-mail the School Office, including your child's name and their class.
- DB Primary - this is our Virtual Learning Environment for all children from EYFS to Year 6; in current circumstances, we have disabled the e-mail function within this platform. Once logged in, children should go to the "communities" section to find activities for their year group. Please note that the year group pages will be monitored, and if parents have any concerns about the contents, login details or similar, please contact the School Office - firstname.lastname@example.org - as this e-mail account will be regularly monitored between 9.00am to 4.00pm.
- PE - Joe Wicks, The Body Coach, who visited Harlands in November 2019, will be offering P.E with JOE, Monday-Friday, 9am Live on YouTube This could be a very worthwhile activity for the whole family!