Salary: L7-L13 - £47,707 to £55,202 (pay award pending)
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Monday, 2 November 2020
Job starts: to start after Easter, or earlier if possible
With the appointment of a substantive headteacher, and possible changes in the composition of the Senior Leadership Team, Harlands is looking to appoint a Deputy Head.
Harlands is a happy, aspirational school which became a stand-alone academy in April 2014. In June 2017 we were judged Good by OFSTED. You will join a cohesive staff and high calibre Leadership Team, ably supported by a strong, dynamic governing body and an active PTA. Our children are confident, keen to learn and well-behaved.
We are looking for outstanding and motivated individual(s) who have skills, passion and creativity to continue to drive our school forward.
We are a high achieving, vibrant school located close to the centre of Haywards Heath, bordering green belt land. We have extensive grounds used to enrich sport, play and outdoor learning. We skilfully balance academic rigour with an inspirational and creative curriculum, valuing each child’s individual gifts and talents, nurturing their potential.
We are looking for:
• Ambitious candidates with leadership experience at middle or senior level
• Outstanding teachers with a proven track record of achievement
• Knowledge and understanding of all phases of primary education, curriculum and assessment
• A passion for primary education
• Strong inter-personal and organisational skills
• People who are excited to work to achieve the very best for children of all abilities and backgrounds
• Teaching commitment – candidates may be required to do regular teaching across KS1 and KS2
• Safeguarding experience
What we can offer:
• The opportunity to join a welcoming and cohesive staff team
• To be part of an ambitious self-directed school that is aiming to achieve outstanding
• Supportive parents and governors
• Wonderful children who are exemplary behaved and a joy to be with
• Strong CPD and networking opportunities
• A supportive Senior Leadership Team
• To be at the cutting edge of educational developments
• The opportunity to make a real difference in education
Deadline for applications: Monday, 2 November 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 16 November 2020
Teacher Application Form
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, subject to working around covid restrictions. To arrange a visit, please contact the Head’s PA, Mrs Karen Michael on: 01444 450782.
Please return applications to: email@example.com
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service and will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.
Updated 13 October 2020